University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota LibrariesOnline Finding Aids
space Home | About Us | Search Tips | Finding Aids FAQ | View Basket |
Fermin Rocker Collection

Summary Information
Title: Fermin Rocker Collection
Dates: 1965
Creator: Rocker, Fermin
Extent: 1 box
Location: See Detailed Descriptions for Each Title Item for Box Locations
Language: English
Collection Number: CLRC-1385
Abstract:
The Fermin Rocker Collection contains illustrative material for one title published 1965 entitled My Daughter, Nicola . Materials include ink illustrations, jacket paste-ups and water sketches.

Repository: University of Minnesota Libraries Children's Literature Research Collections

Access and Use
Access Restrictions:

Collection is open for researchers with no restrictions. Registration with the collection is required.

Copyright:

This collection is protected by the Copyright Law of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code). It is the user's responsibility to verify copyright ownership and to obtain all necessary permissions prior to the reproduction, publication, or other use of any portion of these materials.

Arrangement

My Daughter, Nicola, 1965

Biographical Sketch

Fermin Rocker was born December 22, 1907 in London. He attended the Municipal School of Arts and Crafts in Berlin, Germany before moving to the United States. Qualified status of illustrator, commercial lithographer, animated cartoonist and commercial artist, Rocker published his first book in 1962 - over fifty years into his life. However, between 1962 and 1977 his name donned over thirty-five works of children's literature. Rocker writes, "I have an inability to come to terms with art and music that need to be 'explained' before they can be enjoyed. Children, before they received their cultural brainwashing at least, seem to share my sentiments in this regard."

Biographical source: Something About the Author . Volume 40, 1985.

Collection Scope and Content Note

Subject Terms
Indexing Terms
  • The collection is indexed under the following headings in the catalog of the University of Minnesota Libraries. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons or places should search the catalog using these headings.
  • Rocker, Fermin
Collection Contents
 Location  Title

My Daughter, Nicola 1965 
Note Arthur, Ruth M.
New York: Atheneum, 1965
Box MC 1250
ink illustrations (16 p.)  Box MC 1250

watercolor sketch (1 p.)  Box MC 1250

jacket paste-up w/ two separations on acetate  Box MC 1250