Inventory of the Manor Junior College Records, 1972.
Manor Junior College Records,
Manor Junior College.
0.5 linear in.
Language: In English and Ukrainian.
University of Minnesota Libraries. Immigration History Research Center
Access and Use
Manor Junior College (Jenkintown, Penn.) is the only Ukrainian Rite college for women in the world, operated by the Sisters of St. Basil, the world's oldest religious order. The sisters came to the United States in 1911, first operating an orphanage in Philadelphia, then a convent outside the city. The school was first a secondary school, begin in 1932; the college was founded in 1947. Many of the girls attending were war orphans or children of political prisoners. The school affiliated with the Catholic University of America (Washington, D.C.).
Collection Scope and Content Note
Manor Junior College (Jenkintown, Penn.) materials consist of a typescript copy of "A History of Manor Junior College," and a Silver Jubilee Edition, 1947-1972.
- This collection is indexed under the following headings in the catalog of the University of Minnesota Libraries. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons or places should search the catalog using these headings.
- Sisters of St. Basil the Great.
- Catholic Church--Byzantine rite, Ukrainian.
- Junior colleges--Pennsylvania--Jenkintown.
- Ukrainian Americans--Education.