Inventory of the William J. Perepeluk Papers, 1960-1973.
William J. Perepeluk Papers,
Perepeluk, William J., 1900- .
1 linear ft.
Language: In Ukrainian and English.
University of Minnesota Libraries. Immigration History Research Center
Access and Use
A businessman, philanthropist, and community activist, William (or Wasyl) J. Perepeluk (1900- ) was born in Sifton, Manitoba. Perepeluk farmed in Sifton (1918-1935), owned a grocery and was a farm machinery agent (1935-1946), and owned a grocery and meat market in Flin Flon, and then Lynn Lake (1947- ). He was active in numerous Ukrainian Canadian organizations, and was president of the National Ukrainian Festival (Dauphin, Manitoba).
Collection Scope and Content Note
Papers (1960-1973) of William (or Wasyl) J. Perepeluk (1900- ) consist of programs, announcement, a film handbook, and other materials pertaining to Ukrainian community activities in Dauphin, Manitoba. Included are materials pertaining to St. Vladimir Ukrainian Institute, Ukrainian Canadian Veteran's Association, Ukrainian Women's Association of Canada, programs of the Ukrainian Festival (Dauphin, Manitoba), and miscellany.
- This collection is indexed under the following headings in the catalog of the University of Minnesota Libraries. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons or places should search the catalog using these headings.
- Perepeluk, William J., 1900- .
- St. Vladimir's Ukrainian Institute.
- Ukrainian Canadian Veteran's Association.
- Ukrainian Women's Association of Canada.
- Ukrainian Festival (Dauphin, Manitoba).
- Community leadership--Manitoba.
- Women--Canada--Societies, etc.