Inventory of the Rukavina family history, 1983.
Rukavina family history,
1 linear in.
Language: In English.
University of Minnesota Libraries. Immigration History Research Center
Access and Use
The Rukavina family history and genealogy documents the family of Thomas Rukavina (1877-1952), who emigrated to Chicago, Ill., in 1900, where he joined his brother and other Croatians from the Lika area. Thomas did a variety of work, travelling to wherever he could find employment, but settled in Chicago where he became a successful saloon keeper. After his marriage to Lucy Basic (1885-1929) in 1913, the couple moved to the Iron Range of Minnesota, where Thomas worked as a miner.
Collection Scope and Content Note
Bound typescript copy of "The Rukavina Family History". The history details the family's experiences in Chicago, Ill., and on Minnesota's Iron Range.
No inventory available.
- This collection is indexed under the following headings in the catalog of the University of Minnesota Libraries. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons or places should search the catalog using these headings.
- Rukavina family--Genealogy.
- Rukavina, Lucy (Basic), 1885-1919.
- Rukavina, Thomas, 1877-1952.
- Croatian Americans--Genealogy.
- Iron miners--Minnesota--Iron Range.
- Croatian Americans--Illinois--Chicago.
- Croatian Americans--Minnesota--Iron Range.